International Business is a dynamic field which provides the general knowledge about business management, strategic management, foreign trade, and so on. Students will gain a wide range of knowledge about business, international law and international environment, human resources management, logistic and operations, import-export, global supply chain management, international distribution system, international communication with the skills for international banking, foreign trade insurance, how to penetrate foreign markets, etc.
GENERAL DEGREE REQUIREMENTS
- International Business program will provide students with solid knowledge about economic theories in applying to analyze the impact of global factors on business operations such as politic, economy, demography, technology, geography and culture, to evaluate and make decision for investment based on knowledge about financial analysis, foreign exchange market and exchange rate systems in the world, to understand operational management methods from planning, designing, and implementing of global supply chain operations, production processing and project management, and to enhance ability to build a global business strategy to ensure the success of your business in a multicultural environment.
- Students are equipped with the knowledge of: Foreign Trade, Import-Export, Foreign Exchange, International Payments, International Trade Law, International Economics …
- Along with specialized knowledge, the addition of professional skills and soft skills is an indispensable requirement for international business students.
- Knowledge of appropriate Business English.
- Work independently or work in team: International level, professional styles, wide range of vision, critical thinking, problem solving, issues analyzing and generating, and responsibility.
- English using ability.
- Using all business programs or software.
- Presentation skill, debate skill, negotiation skill...
- Self-development life long of learning.
- Ethics and responsibilities.
- Think different.
- Positive thinking.
4. Innovation, Creation and Research skills
- Ability to search for information, data collection.
- Ability to analyze, generate, evaluate, solve and make decision quickly.
- Ability to work independently, and use of critical thinking.
- Ability of planning, and controlling Organization efficiency and effectiveness
5. Communication skills
- Problem solving skills.
- Using Economic English as well as general English.
- Presentation skills, public speaking skills.
- Negotiation skills.
6. Leadership and team work
- Listening skills with critical thinking, decision making and relationship build up.
- Team work ability.
- Curiosity, and willing to change, to adapt with new trend of technology.
Graduates can take roles as:
- Business Man;
- Import-Export staff;
- International Financial Planning Expert;
- Market Research Specialist;
- International Marketing Specialist;
- Supply Chain Management Specialist;
- International Investment Consultant;
- Trade Promotion Expert;
- International Business Management Consultant;
- Consultant of international trade law;
1. Duration of training: 04 years.
2. Total Credits Requirements: 143 Credits
|2||Tan Tao University Core Courses||30|
|3||SBE Core Courses||36|
|4||International Business Concentration Courses||24|
1. General knowledge required by MoET: 05/05 Courses (23 credits)
|MACL102||Basic Principles of Marxism-Leninism||5|
|MACL104||Ho Chi Minh Thought||2|
|MACL103||Revolution line of Vietnam Communist Party||3|
|MACL106||National Defense and Security Education||8|
2. Tan Tao University Core Courses: 10/11 courses (30 credits)
|HUM101||Writing and Ideas||3|
|HUM102||Culture and Literature||3|
|MGT101||Introduction to Management||3|
|MGT102||Leadership and Communication||3|
|CHEM101||Core Concepts in Chemistry||3|
3. School of Business and Economics Core Requirements: 12/12 courses (36 credits)
|SBE201||Marketing Management I||3|
|SBE202||Management Information System||3|
|SBE205||Law in Business||3|
|SBE208||Financial Accounting I||3|
|SBE209||Management Accounting I||3|
|SBE211||Financial Management I||3|
|SBE212||Finance and Global Economy||3|
4. International Business Major Concentration Portfolio: 08/10 Courses (24 credits)
|IBS301||Marketing Management II||3|
|IBS303||Labor Relations and International HRM (Human Resources Management)||3|
|IBS304||World Financial Markets||3|
|IBS305||Coporate Treasury and Investments||3|
|IBS307||Entrepreneurship and Technological Innovation||3|
|IBS308||Global Supply Chain Management||3|
|IBS309||Advanced Business Strategy||3|
|IBS310||International Accounting Standards and Disclosure||3|
5. Elective Courses: 08 Courses (24 credits)
(Students can study other major courses)
|EL_SBE002||Vietnam Accounting Standards||3|
|EL_SBE003||Accounting Information System I||3|
|EL_SBE004||Accounting Information System II||3|
|EL_SBE008||Financial Statements Analysis||3|
|EL_SBE010||Applied Informatics in Financial and Banking||3|
|EL_SBE011||Securities Analysis and Investment||3|
|EL_SBE013||Analysis of Business Operations||3|
|EL_SBE019||Applied IT in International Business||3|
|EL_SBE024||International Trade Law||3|
|EL_SBE025||Logistics, Transportation and Insurance in International Business||3|
PROGRAM STRUCTURE FOR DURATION OF 4 YEARS
|No||Code||Course Name||Learning Section Code||Credits||Section: study first(a), priority(b), study at the same time(c)|
|3||MGT101||Introduction to Management||MGT101||3 (3,0,6)|
|4||SBE208||Financial Accouting I||SBE208||3 (3,0,6)|
|5||HUM101||Writing and Ideas||HUM101||3 (3,0,6)|
|6||MACL105||Physical Education||MACL105||1 (0,4,4)|
|7||MATH101||Calculus I||MATH101||3 (3,0,6)|
(Choose 1 from)
|1||PHYS101||Introductory Mechanics||PHYS101||3 (3,0,6)|
|2||CHEM101||Core Concepts in Chemistry||CHEM101||3 (3,0,6)|
|1||HIS102||Modern Times||HIS102||3 (3,0,6)|
|3||SBE209||Management Accounting I||SBE209||3 (3,0,6)|
|4||HUM102||Culture and Literature||HUM102||3 (3,0,6)|
|5||SBE203||Business Statistics I||SBE203||3 (3,0,6)|
|6||MGT102||Leadership and Communication||MGT102||3 (3,0,6)|
|7||MACL105(T1)||Physical Education II||MACL105
(Choose 1 from)
|1||BSA302||Product Marketing||BSA302||3 (3,0,6)|
|2||EL_SBE019||Applied IT in International Business||EL_SBE019||3 (3,0,6)|
|Semester 3 (summer)||16|
|1||MACL102||Basic Principles of Maxism-Leninism||MACL102||5 (5,0,10)|
|2||MACL103||Revolutionary way of Vietnam Communist Party||MACL103||3 (3,0,6)|
|3||MACL104||Hồ Chí Minh Thought||MACL104||2 (2,0,4)|
|4||MACL105 (T2)||Physical Education III||MACL105
|5||MACL106(P1)||National Defense and Security Education I||MACL106
|1||IBS302||Organizational Design||GBM302||3 (3,0,6)|
|2||IBS303||Labor Relation and International HRM||GBM303||3 (3,0,6)|
|3||SBE202||Management Information System||SB202||3 (3,0,6)|
|4||SBE206||Managerial Economics||SBE206||3 (3,0,6)|
|5||SBE204||Statistics II||SBE204||3 (3,0,6)||SBE203 (a)|
|6||SBE207||Intermediate Macroeconomics||SBE207||3 (3,0,6)|
(Choose 2 from)
|2||FNB302||Money Credit and Banking||FNB302||3 (3,0,6)|
|3||EL_SBE006||International Clearing||EL_SBE006||3 (3,0,6)|
|1||IBS310||International Accounting Standards and Disclosure||IBS310||3 (3,0,6)|
|2||IBS306||Coporate Governance||IBS306||3 (3,0,6)|
|3||SBE201||Marketing Management I||SBE201||3 (3,0,6)|
|4||SBE205||Law in Business||SBE205||3 (3,0,6)|
|5||SBE212||Finance and Global Economy||SBE212||3 (3,0,6)|
|6||SBE211||Financial Management I||SBE211||3 (3,0,6)|
(Choose 1 from)
|2||EL_SBE013||Analysis of Business Operations||EL_SBE013||3 (3,0,6)|
|Semester 6 (summer)||13|
|1||IBS301||Marketing Management II||IBS301||3 (3,0,6)|
|2||SBE210||Organizational Behavior||SBE210||3 (3,0,6)|
|3||IBS308||Global Supply Chain Management||IBS308||3 (3,0,6)|
|4||MACL106(P2)||National Defense and Security Education II||MACL106
|1||IBS304||World Financial Markets||IBS304|
|2||IBS307||Entrepreneurship and Technological Innovation||IBS307||3 (3,0,6)|
|3||IBS305||Corporate Treasury and Investments||IBS305||3 (3,0,6)|
|4||IBS309||Advance Business Strategy||IBS309||3 (3,0,6)|
(Choose 2 from)
|2||EL_SBE021||Foreign Trade||EL_SBE021||3 (3,0,6)|
|3||EL_SBE022||International Economy||EL_SBE022||3 (3,0,6)|
(Choose 1 from)
|1||EL_SBE023||Customs Operations||EL_SBE023||3 (3,0,6)|
|2||EL_SBE024||International Trade Law||EL_SBE024||3 (3,0,6)|
|3||EL_SBE025||Logistics, Transportation and Insurance in International Business||EL_SBE025||3 (3,0,6)|
1. Students with a high school diploma taking the college entrance examination and passing the financial and banking industry admission criteria as prescribed.
2. Attend and pass TTU interview section.
1. The training process is divided into 8 semesters (can apply for shorter study time)
2. Teaching and learning in English.
3. Learning by credits.
4. Internship: 8th Semester
Students who meet the following criteria will be considered and recognized by the school:
1. Complete at least 4 full-time semesters at Tan Tao University;
2. Complete at least 1 major;
3. Complete 143 credits of compulsory courses and electives (including MoET courses);
4. Average cumulative GPA of at least 1.67;
5. Major Concentration and Compulsory Courses must be of at least 2.00;
6. Minimum English level of 600 TOEFL or equivalent;
7. Complete the National Defense Education Certificate and other courses as regulated by the Ministry of Education and Training;
8. At the time of graduation, students are not examined for criminal prosecution or disciplined action from the suspension.
Tan Tao University
School of Economics & Business Administration